Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Elder Mackey's July 5, 2011 E-mail

Dear Family,

Thank you for the happy Independence day! It was just another regular
P-day for the missionaries. We didn't have to go in early. July 4 is
big here as well. There are parades every where and everyone has
fireworks. I so wanted to hold a bottle rocket or play with some fire
crackers. Gotta stick to the rules. We have been listening to Ed
Pediger (or something) "Missionaries to Match the Message" when we go
to sleep and it is just so awesome!!! Thank you so much Lauren! One
quote that really sticks out to me right now is "faith is the power,
the Spirit is the Key, Obedience is the price, and Christ is the
reason." I have really been focusing on trying to be obedient. There
was another quote a missionary said at Zone FHE last night over the
phone "obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles." I
want to be apart of the miracles happening in this mission! Last month
we got 58 baptisms, which is breaking the record! This month we are
trying to reach 60! We have a baptism happening this Thursday. His
name is Kaich and I am so excited! He is so awesome. He is part of a
less active family who are trying to do what is right. The work is
going really good. Being District Leader is tough because its new but
its real fun I guess. I have my first exchanges tomorrow. I have one
question/ advice, how do I improve my study?

Julia, Thank you for the letter and the pictures of Havisupi. It looks
so much fun! I love the one with Adam jumping off the fall with
Charles Hancock with his funny face. hehe When will Adam put in his
papers? I hear that Daniel is leaving soon? I will write you a letter
next week. Yesterday was pretty crazy. I didn't get any letters out.

So for the 4th of July we played basketball from 7am to 10:30. My
companion sprained his ankle so he was gimping around. We then went
with our investigators to a place where they were playing whiffle ball
and volley ball and having a hot dogs and stuff. It was pretty fun.
Thank you for your love! I feel it everyday! Especially you Adam!!
Write me an e-mail! I want to know whats going on in your life. Sam I
will get you your 11 dollars. Ask dad for it. haha :p

--
Love,
Elder David Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment