Monday, June 27, 2011

Elder Mackey's June 27, 2011 e-mail

Katie and Family,
So I read Mandy's e-mail and she is going to girls camp this week so
will not be home. She said she will be up at camp lamiah getting
eating by bears or eating bears. Anyways she wont be in town. So I
will send it to you. :D So this week was AWESOME!!! First day as
district leader was just like any day until Sunday. Getting in all the
numbers is tough because I cant go to their places and "kick them in
the butt" and tell them to get their numbers in. I didnt get them in
till 10:30. But oh well. Yesterday we had the last fireside with
President Howell. It was so awesome and their Downsyndrum girl bore
such a spiritual testimony. Special kids really can see the other side
of the veil. At the end all the missionaries came up and sang "This is
the Christ." The Spirit was there so strong. I got to see my "daddy,"
it was so good to get to see him his last transfer and hug him and
talk about the work in Apple Valley. There are so many miracles going
on every where in Minnesota! The retention percentage is 80%! Thats
crazy!! We have 59 baptisms in June, maybe even 60 which is our goal.
Heavenly Father blessed Elder Truman with 30 Lessons this week! Our
investigators are progressing, those whom we didnt think would get
anywhere. Our baptism fell through and now he is kinda avoiding us.
Its really disappointing but the work moves forward. We got another
baptismal date set for one of our investigators who is progressing so
much! We even got him a job which is so awesome! The Lord is preparing
him to make those covenants! Then our other investigators who we have
been meeting for a while are progressing slowly but surely. They told
me that they are so grateful that I came into their life because I
keep being persistent with them. I saw a part in my Patriarchal
Blessing
come true and it was so cool! I am better understanding why I
am out here! I am starting to love Minnesota! We have some great
miracles happening on over here in New Brighton! Keep praying for my
investigators. Especially James, Doris, Matt, Patricia, and Edward. I
love you all and thank you for your support!
Love,
Elder David Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment