Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elder Mackey's September 5, 2011 E-mail

Dear family,
 
The weather here is turning cold! :/ My feet get cold now when I study. It feels great though. I am a little excited for  the winter to come but I am getting a little nervous because I am not use to it. The leaves are changing a little but not to big of a change.
 
So this transfer ended a week early because the MTC did a mistake about the scheduling. Next transfer will be a week longer. Anyways, Elder Waller will be transferred to Blaine, just north of New Brighton, and I will be staying. They called me to be a trainer so I will be training a new missionary!!!! I am pretty excited about that!! I hope I do a good job. I am pretty nervous! Laurens sister said a quote that I really like and applies to me at this point, "The Lord doesn't call the qualified but He qualifies the called." When you train you usually train for two transfers so I will be here in Farmington during the winter months. Luckily its a car area but I love biking so I want to use it at the least except for big trips. You can talk to more people on a bike and do more work than in a car I think.
 
This week I have been studying about goals. I want to really focus on working towards the goals I have set and not only that but pray and have my goals be the same as Heavenly Fathers goals. I feel this is a way of submitting my will to the Fathers will. Its gonna take a lot of work because I want to see some outstanding miracles here.
--
Love,
Elder David Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment