Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Elder Mackey's August 15, 2011 E-mail

Dear Family,

Congratulations Mandy for getting the job!!! I have always wonder what
the teachers side of Internet courses. Maybe you have to video tape
you doing math problems on a white board. Also, maybe I could make a
video tape of me and my companion teaching about the Restoration and
then "accidentally" post my video and tell them they have to write out
a page on how they can apply it to their life. That would be awesome.
Or maybe as an extra creadit. But I am just joking...you might lose
your job.
Anyways, the area is awesome! Its crazy where ever you go, no matter
how bad the area is, if you start working hard you start to see
miracles. Now I just need to get out on the bike more. We are seeing a
lot of less actives and part member families. We went to this one part
member family and the non member was so ready to accept the gospel.
The next time we meet we are going to invite him to be baptized! Booya
This area is a slow pace area so not too much is going on here.
Everyone we teach I will be inviting to be baptized! I love you all
and thank you for all your letters!! I love letters! haha Take care of
dad. I am not there to help with the wall so he might work too much. I
love you dad! I love Grandma and Grandpa. I know the Church is true
and the Spirit is so Awesome! At times it feels like a water balloon
and he is just filling me with water to the point where I want to
burst. I love my mission. This is what I want to do for the rest of my
life. I dont want to come home. I will ask President if I can have a 5
year extension. ;D


--
Love,
Elder David Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment