Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Elder Mackey's March 19, 2012 E-mail

Dear Family,
 
This past week has been so AWESOME!! I have been experiencing the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost the whole week...until Saturday. Dang Saint Patties Day! I have been more aware of the little promptings and have been so grateful! Then as I ponder those experiences I recognize that my whole mission I have bee guided by his influence my whole mission. Some of my experiences was just a thought put into my mind then I followed it and see blessings! One of our potential investigators died. It wasn't because of a bizarre accident but just old age. That was an experience as we followed the Spirit. We just met them the day before we were driving by and saw an ambulance in front of their house. When we saw them, the husband, Leroy, wasn't looking so good and my companion said that he looks like how when his grandpa did before he died. And so he died two days ago. :( But he is in a better place getting taught the gospel! 
 
Being a District Leader is fun! The last district meeting we had was very spiritual and uplifting. Everyone received revelation and information on what to apply in our lives. I liked it because it wasn't just me giving a talk but I sat with them at their level and talked with them.
 
The Weather has been SO AWESOME!!!!! It has been perfect! Its getting pretty hot now though. I am afraid of the summer. Its going to get real hot I bet. :( Wait that means I will lose a lot of weight!!! YEA haha.
 
So I was wondering if I could get some supplies. I need some sticky note pads, some 3X5 notecards, Elder Earley says some chicken, and some love! :D I love you all!!!
--
Love,
Elder David Mackey

No comments:

Post a Comment